Sunday, March 1, 2009

1970 Ford Maverick Build- Day One

So as time goes on, I always have my eyes open for some kind of deal- that trait runs in my family.

I've got a short list of things I look for every now and then.

Examples are:
Ford Mavericks
'69 Fastback Mustangs (that someone doesn't appreciate)
'65-'66 Thunderbirds
Old, non-rusted jeeps
etc...

Anyways, out of my Nyquil-zombie fog today, I decided to look at craigslist to see what I could find.

Low and behold, there was a non-beat, non-wrecked Maverick, in Queen Creek... with an asking price of only $1000.

My dad called on it (I hack and cough when I try to talk) and got all the info.

-1970
-Original owner
-No/limited rust
-Two 6cyl engines (neither installed)
-Some form of automatic transmission

We go look at it (in my Nyquil-zombie fog)... and it is EXACTLY what I've been looking for... a roller Maverick, that is not rusted together- I learned my lesson during the rust wars with the '49 Willys Jeep.

It's now sitting in the garage.  I'll have pictures tomorrow-ish or so.